I've come to the conclusion recently that I'm one of the few people I know that doesn't have a blog, so I decided to create one.
Subway's newest slogan is advertising the "$5 Footlong." This started at the beginning of the downwind of the economy, making eating out seem more financially savvy. Combined with Jared Fogle, the guy who lost 245lbs eating only Subway sandwiches to loose weight, Subway has a great campaign going - a healthy, affordable alternative to eating fast food.
Enter KFC. Trying to stay ahead of the game, they recently advertised the Variety Big Box Meal. This box contains "a drumstick, a Crispy Strip, an individual box of Popcorn Chicken, two Homestyle sides, a biscuit and a 32-oz drink." (Taken directly from the KFC website, I might add) KFC is advertising this Big Box Meal for just $5, bringing back some affordability to their menu. Their slogan: "Taste the Un-sub side of KFC."
This got me thinking, how often are we trying to be un-blank something, or to fit something into an un-blank category. It could be good things: unfettered, unaltered, unrestrained. Bad things: unappreciated, unacknowledged, unloved. The prefix of "un" gives the idea that something is different, whether it's in a good way, or bad way, it's different.
This brings me to the word "unique." Synonyms are sole, unequal, unusual...more un-blank words, that all mean "different." Which makes me think, is there an "Ique" and why are we trying to be Un-Ique? While it may not seem like it to some, I'm always trying to make my life different than others, not fit into a mold. A favorite quote of mine is "You were born an original, don't die a copy."
What is your un-blank category? What does that look like, or what is it un-like..?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment